Did deer eat my day lilies??

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Did deer eat my day lilies??

Postby backhill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:45 am

My Lady Rebecca Staunton day lilies were getting ready to put out their flowers last week and a few days ago I went to check on them and ALL the new flowers (those that had bloomed and those getting ready to bloom) had been snipped off of the stalk just below the flower. Do you think it was deer (I have quite a few deer) or birds that did this?? I have had these day lilies for 6 years and this has never happened before. I also have yellow day lilies which were not touched.
backhill

Re: Did deer eat my day lilies??

Postby viette » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Yes it does sound like deer dined on your daylilies. Unfortunately, they really like daylily buds. You might want to try spraying your daylilies with a deer repellent. We and many of our customers have had excellent success with a repellent called Bobbex. Here is a link to their site for more information: https://www.bobbex.com/. So sorry about your daylilies! Better protect your yellow ones before they get them too!
viette

Return to Deer