Non-spray to avoid future tent catapillars

Post here have questions about what to do with trees or shrubs damaged by storms, wind, animals, lawn mowers ...
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Non-spray to avoid future tent catapillars

Postby jvstar » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 pm

I have cut off the branches that were infested with tent catapillars. On the Sept. 17 IN THE GARDEN, Mark mentioned a product in a blue bottle that could be applied to the roots of the tree to prevent future tent catapillars. I didn't catch the name. I have found only concentrates to mix for spraying. That is not an option for me. What was the product he mentioned. Thanks so much.
jvstar

Re: Non-spray to avoid future tent catapillars

Postby lorijones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25 am

The product that Mark must have mentioned would be Bayer Advanced 12 Month Tree & Shrub Protect & Feed II. Be sure to get the one that has "II" at the end of the name. This is the product that works on tent caterpillars. It comes in both a granular version and a concentrate. The concentrate is mixed with water and poured at the base of the tree. Be sure to read the label and apply according to the directions.
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Dealing with Damage to Trees and Shrubs