RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

Post here if you have insect problems on your roses
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

Postby LAYNE PUGH » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 pm

HELLO , I JUST SAW SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK THAT IS CALLED RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS. THEY ARE FOR SALE. I'M WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN THESE "ROSES" AND ARE THEY INDEED REAL AND CAN BE GROWN ? IV ALWAYS GRAFTED MY ROSES, NEVER TRIED ROSE SEEDS . THANK YOU FOR ANY HEPL AND YOUR TIME. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB !!
LAYNE PUGH

Re: RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

Postby lorijones » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Don't waste your money on these seeds! Roses are difficult to grow from seed and, in addition, even if you could get the seeds to grow, you will never get a flower that looks like the multi-colored blooms that you see in these ads. The rainbow colored flowers in those ads and on Facebook are real but they are flowers where various colored dyes have been injected into the flower stem as the flowers are growing. This does not happen without intervention and the flowers do not naturally grow this way. It is a scam to get you to buy the seeds. Sorry!
lorijones
Site Admin

Re: RAINBOW ROSE SEEDS

Postby LAYNE PUGH » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:29 pm

THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THIS OLD MANS THOUGHTS ! I HAD SOME TROUBLE GETTING BACK IN HERE BUT THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
LAYNE PUGH

Return to Insect Pests on Roses