Deodar Cedars

Post here if you have problems on your trees
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Deodar Cedars

Postby llhabh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:18 pm

I have a large group (24) of Deodar Cedars that are 40' to 50' high. They are trimmed to app. 12'. During the past several years, I have noticed more and more of the limbs dying. I recently had the soil tested by the Virginia Tech lab and the ph was found to be 5.1. I understand that Deodars grow best with a soil ph of 7.0 and higher. VA Tech is recommending that I apply 22 lbs/100 sq ft of agricultural lime. The Deodars cover an area of app. 60' X 375'. This means I will need to apply 5,000 lbs of lime. Before I go to the effort and expense, does anyone feel the lime will help or know of anyone who could provide advice on the subject? The problem is located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

Thanks for any help.
llhabh

Return to Trees including Evergreens and Ornamentals