grass seed brand

Click this forum to ask questions and get answers about seeding a lawn and renovating or partially renovating your lawn.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

grass seed brand

Postby vawaves » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:47 pm

I am getting ready to reseed my lawn and typically purchase seed at Home Depot. I am having problems deciding between the different brands. Is there any real difference?
vawaves

Re: grass seed brand

Postby lorijones » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:22 pm

You want to make sure that you get a good mix. Choose a seed mix that fits with your site conditions of sun and shade.
Andre's favorite mix is:
    50% Bluegrass
    25% Perennial Rye
    25% Fine Fescue
A tall fescue blend is also a good choice. He likes to steer clear of Kentucky 31.
Bonide has a good mix with their DuraTurf Full Sun mix if you can find that. Scotts has a good reputation as well.
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Lawn Seeding & Renovation